Here are my best keto camping ideas for dieters who want to stay on track – even when camping! I feature lots of keto camping recipes – and keto camping desserts, too. 🙂
There’s nothing like vacation to throw you off of your diet & exercise plan, right? Honestly, it doesn’t matter if you’re going on a fancy destination trip, or if you’re just going camping.
It can be hard to stick to your diet anywhere you go – as long as your daily routine is changed. It’s so easy to fall off of the keto wagon, especially if you don’t plan.
But not you! You are going to stick to your diet with some fabulous keto camping food recipes. That’s why you’re here, right? For keto camping recipes?!
Yep, you’ve got this!
Let’s be honest – you need easy keto camping recipes for the most part. No one wants to spend half of their day planning and executing their keto camping ideas.
You should be hiking, swimming, and biking! Or maybe reading a book and sitting around the fire. Right?
Outdoor Time + Keto Camping Hacks = A Recipe For Success!
If done right, you’ll have some great keto camping ideas that will help you stay on track as well as have plenty of time for fun. Once you get the keto camping basics, you’ll have no problem staying on track & enjoying yourself, too.
So, I’ve compiled my best keto camping ideas – from keto dutch oven recipes to keto campfire desserts. Only the best keto camping meals and ideas for my health-minded friends!
Many of these can keto camping meals be prepped before you leave for your trip – making it easer to stay on track. Others cook well the day of, so you have lots of options!
Either way, these keto camping food ideas should help to keep you on track so that you can fully enjoy those days in the sun. You know, without any guilt. 🙂
Related Reading: Keto Gift Ideas For Low-Carb Lovers (51 Fun Gifts!)
While I have a bunch of my own ideas below, I wanted to be sure to pick some primo ideas from fellow bloggers. There are some wonderful food bloggers out there killing it as far as keto camping food ideas.
So be sure to check them out, too. You’ll be happy you did!
There’s a wealth of knowledge out there, y’all!
Anyway, to make it easier, I have grouped my keto camping ideas by type. These are the most popular keto camping ideas & queries according to the web.
Hopefully this makes it easier to find exactly what you’re looking for as far as keto camping meal ideas. Good luck!
Genius Keto Camping Ideas To Help You Stay On Track
Below is my list of keto camping recipes and other keto camping food ideas. My hope is that once you get the keto camping basics using this list, you can get creative and maybe make up some of your own recipes.
Once you get the gist of keto camping-style, it will be super easy to stay on track.
Keto Campfire Desserts
Dessert first, right? Who says you can’t have dessert on vacation. (Camping is totally vacation for a lot of us, okay!)
Sorry, you’re a total party pooper if you don’t have dessert at least once on your camping trip. Especially if you have kids with you. Plus, moderation is key anyway. No sense in depriving yourself of a treat every now and then! 🙂
Although I’m sure there are more out there, I’ve compiled a few keto campfire dessert ideas here:
- S’mores with Keto Marshmallows and keto crispy cookies – or make your own keto graham crackers from scratch if you’re feeling ambitious!
- Keto brownie mix – you can do this in your skillet!
- Berries with heavy whipped cream
- Keto Peanut Butter Blondies
- Keto Mug Cakes – just be sure that you take your ceramic or enamel camping mug with you!
- Peanut butter balls
- Sugar Free Keto S’mores Dip – looks so yummy to pair with strawberries or other berries.
- Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
If you have more keto camping dessert ideas, please tell me by leaving a comment below!
P.S. I am LOVING the Cast Iron Keto blog. Yes, there’s a blog for that! 🙂 Also, you can get all sorts of creative and unique keto desserts on Amazon.
Easy Keto Camping Recipes
In a perfect world, all recipes would be easy, yeah? The thing is that real food isn’t always quick and easy to make.
You can buy pre-packed food all you want, but nothing beats fresh, homemade meals! Especially if you’re really on the keto diet to improve your health.
(Hey there. Take a minute to learn about the different types of fats if you haven’t already. Some are good, and other’s not-so-much!)
Luckily there are some keto camping ideas that can give you the best of both worlds. The winners are typically going to involve meat and veggies, not just super-high fat! Here are a few:
- Keto Taco Salad – top some greens with ground turkey or beef, sour cream, cheese, and other low-carb veggies! You can even brown the meat a day before you leave for your trip.
- Easy cheeseburger hobo packets/foil dinner – just put your burger and cheese in the foil or prepare right on the grill. Pair with some fresh veggies or fruit!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets w/Broccoli- a classic combo, camping style! Crafty Morning’s recipe for this looks simple yet amazing!
- Bratwurst with avocado-topped salad
- Chicken fajita skillet with onions and peppers – a dollop of sour cream on top sounds amazing!
Have some easy keto camping meals that you think I should add? Tell me!
Keto Camping Dinner Recipes
At the end of an active day outdoors, nothing is better than settling down around the campfire for dinner. Here are some fave keto camping dinner ideas:
- Chicken Fajitas in foil (no tortillas!)
- Garlic Herb Steak & Veggies
- Almost any meat & veggie combo!
- Campfire meatloaf
- Skillet pizza casserole – ground meat & veggies topped with mozzarella, pepperoni, and a bit of pizza sauce
- Philly Cheesesteak skillet – this recipe looks delicious!
- Wedge salad
- BLT Wraps
Again, if you have some awesome keto camping dinner ideas you think I should know about, leave a comment! 🙂
Keto Dutch Oven Camping Recipes
If you have a dutch oven (otherwise known as a cast iron pot with lid), you can do a lot as far as keto camping ideas go. Here are just a few ideas:
- Dutch Oven Pulled Pork – skip the bun!
- Dutch oven roasted chicken & veggies
- Pot Roast – just skip the potatoes!
- Keto southwest campfire chili
- Flank Steak & Veggie Rolls
- Salmon & Asparagus
P.S. Did you know there’s a cookbook out there JUST for keto cast-iron recipes? Take a look at it here!
Keto Camping Snacks
Snacks are seriously key to staying on track – because most of us have a tendency to munch mindlessly throughout the day.
When you’re out in the sun enjoying nature all day, you’re bound to need some snacks. Here are some great keto camping snack ideas to keep you fueled…just be sure to keep hydrated!
Tip: Skip the gatorade! It’s full of sugar and carbs! Just opt for water – the salt in most animal products is enough to replace what you might lose from sweat. Anyway, onto the keto camping snacks!
- Pepperoni sticks/beef jerky.
- Low-carb protein bar like Quest bars (I like the chocolate chip cookie dough)
- Cheese sticks
- Keto chocolate chip cookies
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Keto-friendly pork rinds
- Celery sticks & peanut butter
Keto Camping Breakfasts
For most of my keto breakfast ideas, you’ll need a cast iron pan, or another fire-friendly skillet/pan! Otherwise, you could get away with foil for some of them.
I always think cast-iron is a good investment because this type of cookware can last literally hundreds of years if treated right. Here’s a good set perfect for camping just in case you don’t already own a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.
- Cast iron skillet bacon & eggs
- Kielbasa & Eggs
- Campfire Ham & Eggs Cups like these
- Hard boiled eggs & berries or watermelon
- Campfire avocado egg boats w/bacon
- Keto Biscuits & Gravy with these special low-carb biscuits – you can make gravy using the typical sausage, just skip the flour! Here’s a good recipe to test out!
- Southwestern Keto Skillet (there’s that cast iron pan again!)
- Keto Dutch Babies
- Basically anything with eggs, avocado, and breakfast meats!
P.S. You can also pre-make and freeze many keto-friendly camping breakfasts, like my easy egg, sausage, & feta cups.
Keto Foil Recipes
Foil recipes are my favorite throw-together style meal when camping! For most keto camping recipes, just wrap your foil nice and tight to get that steamed effect for cooking – then open the foil up for that fire-cooked flavor towards the end. 🙂
Tip: Many of the keto camping recipes and meal ideas above work just as well in tin foil as they do a skillet! Just use your better judgement and get creative.
Here are some of my go-to keto foil recipes for camping:
- Chili lime low-carb fajitas
- Cabbage & sausage or Kielbasa foil packet meal
- Parmesan chicken & zucchini
- Steak bites with mushrooms foil pack
- Santa Fe Chicken & Veggies
- Almost any other meat & veggie combo you can think of! Just remember to keep it low-carb and skip the starches like potatoes.
There you have it, friends! I hope that my keto camping ideas help you stay on track on your next outdoor adventure. Or maybe you have some new inspiration for your next BBQ. 🙂
Do you have any other great keto camping ideas to share with us? Hit me with your keto camping recipes or other keto camping hacks below!